Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HIDE AND SEEK

When my right side of my face became visible to everyone I was about 12. Not quite a child ,I was still mature enough to realize I was living with a undiagnosed illness that stole my identity and my self image. Ok , I was angry very angry. I asked God what did I do to deserve this? I was the perfect child.
After a while I accepted the fact I could not control what this illness was going to do, and nobody had a clue what I had. All I know I was still the same person who was "given too many gifts" according to my mother.
I resumed playing tennis, I was so good my father was told to get me a coach. I was the only girl on the varsity boy's tennis team. Nobody mentioned my face instead they noticed my killer serve and backhand.
I also never stopped playing the violin. I started in second grade and out of 20 girls my teacher, Miss Ball picked five girls, including me to continue. She said to the others"go back to class you have no talent." I played in the orchestra from 2nd grade to 12th grade. I have to say when I was playing in the orchestra I was lost in the beauty of the music and nothing else mattered.

What I am trying to say is Parry Romberg Syndrome did not steal my entire identity. It wasn't going to make me give up the things I loved. Everybody has their own hobbies and talents.
Keep living!!!!! Do the things you love to do!!!!! Show the world that you a shining example to inspire other people who may be ill or impaired.
This helped me get through the worst part of my illness and I didn't want to hide from the world anymore. Hide and seek was after all never really a fun game.


No comments: