Search This Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

I still get nasty Parry Romberg Syndrome comments.

I was just going to watch the Superbowl game last Sunday at my neighborhood temple. It was also my first social event since I had a little Parry Romberg Syndrome surgery to maintain the balance of both sides of my face. I had some fat injections on the right side of my face, and my lip was lowered a bit. This work mainly cosmetic was performed by John W. Seibert late Dec 2009.
Some of my friends know what illness I have and when they saw me just commented that I looked good and asked how everything was nothing personal. Most people in my temple do not even know a thing about my PRS.
From years of dealing with social idiots I know there will always be one person who says the wrong thing. In this case, a lawyer friend who always lets say "admires me" and always tells my husband how attractive I am, came up to me and commented how good my face looked and to my surprise he had to add, I thought something was a little "off" with your lips. He went on to ask me if I was going to have more surgery.... I cut him off there, and told him it was none of his god-damn business and added "enjoy the rest of the game". I turned around and smiled.
Nobody treats me this way and I don't have to listen or defend myself. I hold my head high and smile. Some children never grow up.

No comments: