Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Both My daughters were born on Friday the 13th.

A hug from nikki, who is 13, is like a soft blanket wrapped around my soul.
I am so blessed to have brought two amazing daughters into this world. I had major complications with my eldest daughter Nicole when I developed Toximia and in my 30th week of my pregnancy and my blood preesure was so high I was admitted to the hospital and for two weeks I was monitored and my blood pressure soared even higher.

Nikki and I almost lost our lives when I about to have a seizure while they prepped me for a emergenency C-section.
I remember my mother just came to visit me and they told her I  was in pre-op

I remember being scared and told the nurse if it is a choice in case you can only save me or the baby,,,,,save Nikki
My right foot I recall wouldn't stop shaking. Nicole Rose was born at 10:07  on friday the 13th , just two hours shy of Valentine"s day.  She was 33 weeks and weighed only 3.14lbs. Yet she screamed when she was born and to everyone"s surprise her lungs were fully developed.
When the showed me this itty bitty "chicken" that is what the doctor called her,
I saw the most gorgeous little face and looked up at the ceiling of the operating room and thanked God.
Nikki was tested and passed all tests and after only three days in the hospital and was sent home with me.

That experience is another story.




Samantha was born three years later also on Friday the 13th. I somehow lost all my water, like a slow tire leak, and at my 35Th week visit to my doctor he was about to see if Sammy's lungs were developed and so he was about to perform amniocentesis and said "STOP" "Where is her water?????"? I don't know isn't it there???
"Well you are going straight to the hospital from this office" he said.
Did you bang into anything pointy in the last few days???? I don"t think so.
That afternoon Samantha Jill was born by emergency c-section. She was a healthy 6lbs 12 ounces/
She had a beet red face , the poor little thing , "Is that permanent??" I asked.
No, she has a red face because she was like a fish without a fish tank.

I looked up at the ceiling and again thanked god for my second miracle.

I am so blessed
















I






You Are Already Beautiful by Cheryl R

No comments: